The mass production and marketing approach that emerged after the Industrial Revolution has been replaced by a completely different production approach today. As a result of the discovery that it is not profitable to find large quantities of products then to sell them, the situation of producing in line with customer demands has emerged. What makes it possible to make efficient production in a limited and demanded manner is the so-called production schedule. Thanks to the production schedule, the production proceeds more actively and more efficiently.
The production schedule has great benefits for manufacturing companies. The most important of these is the efficient use of resources and avoiding unnecessary production activities. In today’s world, where competition has reached global dimensions, utilizing these programs in production enables companies to have a head start.
Definition of Production Schedule
The production schedule is the schedule that ensures the coordination of all the factors used in the production process to make product more efficient. Opportunities and resources available to businesses to produce can lead to production losses or to produce non-demanded productions and increase storage costs in the long run, unless used properly and properly managed. Production, which is the main activity of the manufacturing companies, can be carried to the high performance level with the right program.
You may also like:Production Planning for Manufacturers
While classical methods were used as the production schedule in previous years, smarter technologies are being used today. Especially the developments in internet and computer technologies have paved the way for the creation of some opportunities in this regard. These systems, which best combine the factors that are in the hands of the company for production in line with the determined needs, are effective in maximizing the productivity in production. The prevalence of smart systems is increasing day by day in modern enterprises. Although these systems will begin to replace manpower in the future, they offer greater advantages than manpower so that businesses can achieve their long-term goals.
4 Components of Production Schedule
The production schedule that businesses use to streamline production consists of multiple elements. These elements, which are mandatory in terms of production, are also known as the elements of production.
- The first of these elements is the material or raw material element. In order to make a physical production, raw material is an important requirement. It is necessary to determine the demand for the product to be produced by the enterprise and to supply raw material in an amount to meet this demand. Excessive or missing raw materials are harmful, as they will incur additional costs. Thanks to the production schedule, the determination of the required raw material can be made easily.
- The second is the production method. Which method of production will be adopted and road map that must be followed during production is included in this article. The possibilities offered by the production schedule enable the determination of the most appropriate production method to meet the existing demand.
- It is possible to talk about the machine as a third element. Evaluations such as which machines will be used within the enterprise and whether these machines are sufficient to meet the current demand are given in the third part. Finally, it is possible to talk about the concept of labor.
- Determining in which stages of production and how the enterprise’s labor potential will be utilized constitutes the fourth leg of the production schedule. Thanks to the production program, these four elements are brought together successfully and production is carried out in the most successful way.
You may also like:Variable Production Feature Has Been Released!
Tools for Scheduling Production
The tools used for production scheduling are quite different. Although traditional tables are widely used in this regard, smart technologies are becoming more common today. Some of the tools used for the production schedule are:
- Spreadsheets: Using tables for scheduling production is an old and compelling method. It is necessary to put the data into the table one by one by the business managers and make calculations. In this method, a long time is required for an effective planning of production. After determining the demand for production, it is ensured that the facilities owned by the company are analyzed and then the production schedule is prepared by entering the tables.
- Or Easy Way; Fabrikatör: Mixed tables and graphics have been replaced by smart systems today. One of the methods that come to the forefront today for the production schedule is the application named as Fabrikatör. With this application, there is an opportunity to control and manage all processes of production effectively. In addition, it is also possible to plan the production and control every stage of the planned process within the possibilities of the enterprise and the existing demand. From the point of view of the companies that want to make production scheduling, Fabrikatör offers great opportunities.