Unit Converter Feature is Online!
The unit converter is a practical feature that allows you to define your raw materials in different units in the Fabricator interface and edit your recipes in the units you need. With the unit converter, you can define as many units of measure as you want to your raw materials; You can use these units in your recipes and production receipts.
The amount of raw material you use for the product is processed by converting it to the unit you purchased in Parachute, regardless of the unit you use during production. So you can manage your stocks in the Parachute interface through the unit information on the Parachute platform.
The unit converter provides the necessary infrastructure for the conversion process, especially in cases where the pre-production batch and the purchased unit are different from the unit used in the prescription. For example, the unit converter feature gives you great convenience in calculating when you use the product you enter in stock in tonnes or in grams of a product that you save in tin.
To use the unit converter feature in your Fabricator account, you need to follow the steps below. To illustrate the following steps, let us assume that we produce bread as an example and take the raw material of flour in sacks. In our recipe, we will use flour in kilograms.
Defining Units of Measure
- Log in to your factory account and go to the ‘Products’ page from the menu on the left.
- In the ‘Enter product name’ section on the page, type flour with the product name and select the flour product from the drop-down list.
- Under the Defined Units section, in the form, 1 Type the quantity and unit that corresponds to Sack flour. In this example, let’s write 50 Kilograms for 1 sack of flour.
- Click Save the button.
- You can also add different units (eg grams) by following the same steps.
Using a defined unit of measure on a Bill of Material (BOM)
- Open a new recipe or edit page of a recipe of your choice.
- In the Add Product box under BOM, type the product name flour and select the product from the drop-down list.
- The units you have defined for the flour product will appear in the Unit section as a list. Select the Kilogram unit you want to use from the list.
- Fill in the Quantity and click the Add button and save your recipe.
After this stage, kilograms will be listed as the unit of flour on all production receipts you will create from the recipe and your usage will be shown on this unit. If you are in the Process of transferring your production receipt to your Paraşüt account with the Process Paraşüt button, you will see that the flour is deducted from your stock in sacks, which is the stock unit in your Parachute account.
The unit converter is so easy to use.
You must have the Factory package to use the unit converter feature. To have the factory package, please contact us at [email protected].
If you haven’t started using Fabrikatör yet, you can subscribe to Fabrikatör and start your 1 week free trial by clicking the button below. (If you want to use the unit converter feature during your trial, just send us an email.)