In this article, we share a free cost calculation excel template that we think will provide great convenience to you, our esteemed manufacturers. Thanks to our work, which you can take as examples of Excel cost tables, you will be able to easily calculate the cost of your production activity through excel. If you are looking for an excel program for production, food, workmanship, textile and construction cost calculation, you can download the Excel document which you can reach through this page. If you’re ready, let’s start.
Production Cost Calculation What is Excel Document?
The production cost calculation Excel document prepared by the developers of the fabricator production management system is a document that allows you to calculate the cost of your production activity through Excel.
Download Cost Calculation Excel
The production cost calculation Excel document we have prepared for you, you can use by downloading to your computer, as well as online thanks to the Google Sheets version you can use anywhere on the computer. Cost calculation To download the Excel document, you can follow the steps of File> Download As> Microsoft Excel in the top menu of the online Excel (Google Sheets) document which you can access via the button below. Google Drive users can save a copy of the document to their Drive account by following File> Make Copies.
How To Use Production Cost Calculation Excel Template?
After downloading the production program Excel document or using it via Google Sheets, a screen like below will be welcomed.
To use the cost calculation Excel template, all you need to do is to fill the orange-colored fields you see on this screen. You must proceed in the following order when filling these fields.
- Product Information
- Raw Material Information (Variable Expenses)
- Fixed Expenses
When you complete all these steps in order, you will be able to complete the cost calculation process specific to your production activity from the Excel document.
Now let’s fill in all the steps in order and explore together how you can use the Excel document to calculate the production cost. As an example, let’s make a production cost calculation for an imaginary lemonade production together. Suppose that we will use 20 kilograms of lemonade, 10 kilograms of sugar, and 40 liters of water for the production of 70 liters of lemonade. This production-specific fixed expense is 50 TL.
Product Information Area
The Product Information field is where you enter the information for the product you are going to produce. The information you enter in this field will be included in the calculation during the production cost calculation stage. In the Product Information field;
- In the Product Name field, enter the name of the product you plan to manufacture,
- In the Production Unit field, in which unit (liters, kilograms, units) you will manage the production,
- In the Amount to be produced field, the total production amount that you will make in this production,
- In the Unit Sales Price field, type the unit you plan to sell a unit of the product you are going to produce.
When we fill the relevant fields for the production of 70 liters of lemon, we see a screen like the one below.
Raw Material Information (Variable Expenses) Area
Raw material information field is the field where you list the raw materials to be used in the production of the product you specified in the Product information field. Thanks to this field, which allows you to list 10 raw materials, it is possible to process the raw material cost information of your product in the Excel production program.
In the field of Raw Material Information (Variable Expenses),
- In the Raw Material Name field, type the raw material and semi-finished product names used in this production.
- In the Raw Material Unit field, type the unit (liters, kilograms, units) that you use to manage your raw materials.
- In the Amount to be used field, type the amount of raw material to be used in this production.
- In the Unit Purchase Cost * field, type the unit purchase cost of the raw material involved in this production.
When we fill in the raw material information field for the production of 70 liters of lemonade with fictitious numbers, we reach an indication as follows.
Fixed Expense Area
Production cost The first line of the calculation section in the upper right corner of the Excel document, the fixed expense field, is the last field you must specify after you fill in the previous fields. When making a fixed expense account, it is spent in the time it takes to complete production; costs such as labor costs, depreciation, fixed consumption costs (electricity, water, etc.). For example, if your production takes 1 full working day, you will need to find the sum of your monthly fixed expenses and enter your daily fixed expense spend in this cell by dividing this value by 30.
Assuming that we will spend 2 hours of fixed expense for the production of 70 liters of lemonade and divide our daily fixed expenses by 4 to reach this value, we write 50 in this field.
Production Cost Calculation Excel Results
Free Production Cost After filling in the relevant fields in the Excel spreadsheet, we can proceed to the production cost calculation process. All numerical data related to cost calculation will be automatically placed in the Production Cost Calculation Table in the upper right corner of the Excel document.
In the Production Cost Calculation table;
- Total Raw Material (Variable) Your expenses represent the total cost of buying raw materials for this production.
- Your Fixed Cost Per Unit represents the fixed expense you will incur for a unit of production.
- Variable Cost Per Unit Production Cost is the raw material cost you will make for one unit of production.
- Your Total Cost Per Unit is the sum of your raw material and fixed expenses for one unit of production.
- Your Total Production Cost is the total cost that you will encounter in your production.
- Your net profit in production shows the net profit you will get as a result of your production.
- Your current Profit Rate shows your profitability in production.
Evaluate your Profitability Options with Different Scenarios
Cost of Production Another useful feature that we provide to you in our Excel document is the functions that show how much you can change your production profitability under different scenarios. If you change your sales price and costs by a percentage, it is possible to find out what change in your profitability will be through our production cost Excel document. Simply use the drop-down menus in the last four rows of the Production Cost Calculation Table.
Calculation of Production Cost with Excel has ended.
Now You Have Fabrikator
In the production cost excel calculation document, we offer you the opportunity to calculate production cost in a simple way through Excel. However, we know that in many respects it is inadequate to calculate the cost of production with excel.
The fabricator production management system is a handy and practical software solution that allows you to control all of your production processes. Through the fabricator, you can create recipes for your production, plan your order-based production and complete your cost calculations easily.
For detailed information about fabricator, please visit our homepage or contact us at [email protected].